The RAM Engineer will ensure continued evaluation of Army and Joint systems and to support the Ballistic Missile Defense Evaluation Directorate (BMDED). The BMDED provides an independent Operational Assessment and Evaluation of the BMDS capability to defend the United States, its deployed forces, friends, and allies against ballistic missiles of all ranges and in all phases of flight. This position requires initiative, multi-tasking skills and ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision on all assignments. Other duties may include:
- Individual will assist and document Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) engineering assessments for tests and evaluations. Individual will support the assessment planning of RAM and Logistics issues. This includes reviewing RAM documentation, including test incident reports and Failure Definition and Scoring Criteria, and other pertinent documentation.
Additional duties may include:
- May serve as a working leader responsible for leading and providing technical advice and direction to lower graded personnel.
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, monitoring work; ensuring product quality, accuracy, and timeliness; consolidating reports for COR regarding status updates and billing; and reviewing collected data for completeness, accuracy, and validity.
- Coordinates with others to assure all safety, security, environmental, and community concerns are adequately addressed.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, and makes minor adaptations and modifications.
- Provides independent and professional support on portions of complex projects.
- Specific assignment objectives, approaches, and possible solutions are reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
- Duties and responsibilities include: independently performs a project assignment that involves complex features and can be guided by codes, standards, and other precedents of the discipline; analyzes and/or evaluates the results of an analysis using techniques prescribed by senior engineers or supervisors; and accomplishes tasks of which require investigation of a many variables.