- Minimum 6 years progressive experience in pollution prevention, recycling, solid waste/hazardous management, water compliance/permitting, hazardous materials, environmental audits, natural/cultural resource management, EMS, training and sustainable acquisition.
- 6-years of experience in environmental planning, data collection and analysis, training, and regulatory review and compliance requirements.
- Minimum 10-years of progressive environmental management experience.
- Collective experience should be in waste management, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) requirements, pollution prevention assessments, analytical services, environmental training, Air regulations and permitting, Storage Tanks and environmental compliance auditing, Environmental Management Systems, NEPA, Cultural/Natural Resources.
- Experience working with and/or implementing ISO 14001.
- Experience managing and mentoring mid-level and technical staff. Ability to assign tasks according to the customer needs.
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers, and senior management.
- Prior military or experience working on a military installation considered a plus but not required.
- Experience with SCQAMD and /or Kern County APCD experience considered a plus.
- CEP, REP, REM or other professionally recognized environmental certification/license is a plus or the ability to obtain one.